The best thing the Pricing team loves about Otrium is the opportunity to impact the shopping experience of millions of fashion lovers. We are an ambitious team that loves to experiment and create the greatest experience for our customers and brands by finding the perfect price point for all our styles!
Founded and headquartered in Amsterdam, we’re a purpose-led business – we believe all clothing should be worn.
Right now, lots of fashion stays unsold. For the resources that went in and for the people who miss out, it’s such a shame. We’re here to fix this. We are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
We give brands an online outlet channel and digital tools to smartly connect dynamically-priced end-of-season collections with fashion-lovers. Then we give them the data so they can reproduce most-wanted items.
Our app re-imagines outlet shopping helping customers easily find reduced-price gems. We give end-of-season fashion a new start, which is smarter for the wardrobe, smarter for the wallet and smarter for the industry.
About this role
You know your way around data, you know what it takes to take a machine learning project from start to finish. You are able to wrestle with and clean the data, design models that add value to the business, and are not scared of taking responsibility and owning what you produce.
You will join the Pricing Product team, which is responsible for developing our Smart Pricing Engine. We develop smart algorithm and product solutions to match Supply and Demand. Everything we develop as a team directly impacts our customers in offering them the best price for our products and will make sure that the brand’s wishes are satisfied!
Since we are a small ambitious team, you’re not scared to voice your opinion and come up with new ideas. And you also never forget to be motivated and have fun along the way! You have the mathematical foundation to understand what you’re doing in machine learning and can build bespoke solutions, but you’re also not scared to use out-of-the-box solutions if they will add value quickly!
- You come up with innovative ideas to optimise the pricing product of Otrium on all fronts.
- You take ownership of the solutions you develop and are able to explain what you develop to a non-technical audience and why you have made the decisions you have.
- You are able to work well in a team and help out team members but are also not afraid to think of solutions and work them out by yourself.
- You make sure to develop solutions that can be applied in the current situation but with a capability to scale and fit in the future vision of Otrium.
- You think along to define and advance best practices within Machine Learning and the Pricing team.
- You partner closely with different parts of Otrium to make sure your solutions are aligned with the needs of all parties involved.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a Machine Learning Engineer
- Pragmatic and willing to work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with the machine learning stack in Python
- Have a mathematical foundation that allows you to understand how and when to use what algorithm
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming and know that machine learning projects don’t only live in Jupyter Notebooks
- Basic capabilities in SQL (Postgres)
- Know how to get a model to production
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with building APIs and working with Docker are a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
What it’s like to work at Otrium
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset;
- The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!);
- Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done;
- You’ll be working with very talented colleagues – in a different time zone – that know what they are doing as everyone has experience at other amazing fast-growing companies;
- Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together! Apply now!