Milliman is among the world’s largest providers of advanced analytics and financial risk management related products and services. Founded in 1947, Milliman is an independent firm with offices in major cities around the globe.
The culture within Milliman can be described as knowledge and result driven. We are continuously looking for new challenges in various quantitative fields. One day you might be assisting our clients developing a new predictive model or performing an NLP project, the next day you might advise one of our clients on implementing a new risk model.
What will you be doing?
As a Data Scientist & Engineering Consultant at Milliman you’ll be helping our clients make the most of their available data. Some of the projects we’ve done in the past include anomaly detection on large scale Point-of-Sale data, building and improving data (quality) pipelines and improving the underwriting processes of insurers through image recognition. Most of our projects are “hands-on” and executed as a Milliman team, however you may also be called upon to take up a more advising role or to support a team at a client directly.
Who are we looking for?
Milliman Amsterdam is looking for junior hires that are qualified in Information Technology with a strong interest in machine learning. Either recently graduated or with some years of experience. You will be working under the supervision of a senior colleague on a variety of projects. Your work will cover our practice areas of data science, data engineering and risk management.
We are looking for someone that is bright, self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a team on a wide variety of projects.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar, preferably with a focus on machine learning
- 0 to 4 years of experience
- Energetic, intelligent and self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial, able to maintain and develop client working relations
- Effective communication skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent basic programming (e.g. R/Python/SQL/C#) and modelling skills (e.g. Neural Networks, boosted trees, regression) and eager to develop these skills. Experience with Azure and/or PySpark is considered a pre.
- Good comprehension of the English language as well as Dutch
What do we offer?
We offer a dynamic working environment with responsibility from the start! You will be working directly with the principals and seniors of the Amsterdam office on projects as well with other colleagues in Benelux. You will receive a competitive base salary and a bonus related to your personal contribution to the success of the practice.